What is Hijama ?
Hijama is a Sunnah way of treatment. Proposed by Hazrat Muhammad (S.A,W,W) as the best way of treatment among all. (Sahih Bukhari)
In which diseases it is useful ?
In almost all of the diseases. It is a miraculous treatment. The reason is that it is a prophetic way of treatment. Recommended by the Prophet of Allah.
I am healthy, do I need Hijama?
No, but you will benefit from it. Its like having your car tune up every 6 months so that it keeps trouble free. As there is no side effect of Hijama. Any one can have it done and one certainly feels good and fresh after Hijama. It improves your over all health.
How much blood is taken out ?
Less than 10 ml which is drawn usually for laboratory tests.
How much time does it take ?
It takes around 15-20 minutes for a single session.
What are the precautions taken before Hijama?
These things of utmost relevance should be taken in consideration before receiving the therapy,
- At least 3 hours fasting is required. Water, tea, juices can be taken.
- Patient should not be in Fever.
- Blood thinning drugs (Warfarin, heparin, clopidogrel) should have been taken almost 24 hours prior to the treatment.
- Hijama cannot be done in Pregnancy.
- Hijama should be avoided during the menstrual cycle.
Is the procedure painful ?
Mildly painful to some patients but manageable. As the cuts are made very lightly. Ideally no pain should be felt. If the practitioner is experienced then this pain is sometimes not noticeable. Some of the patients do not even know that the cuts have made.